Project Management Jobs
Project management and Agile professionals like you are some of the most highly valued and highly sought after professionals. We should know, as we have many exciting project management jobs available with leading companies throughout the country.
PeopleSoft Business Analyst
Pasadena, CA | Full time
The PeopleSoft Business Analyst will be responsible for identifying and documenting business processes through interviewing clients and reviewing and analyzing existing systems and processes. Articulates interrelationships and recasts business flow into system specifications. Conducts gap analyses to document discrepancies between business requirements and system capabilities. May develop project plans and ensure plan adherence. As system development progresses, may have input into reporting requirements/report development, user interfaces, and coordinates or conducts UAT and the final evaluation of the system solution. Serves as liaison between line business (client) and the IT organization.
- Requirements definition and analysis: collects and researches specific client requirements for projects, identifies requirements, gathers workflow data and basic system and reporting specifications. Develops, implements, and supports common business processes and tools. Recommends basic alternatives to address problems. Assesses and manages risks to minimize impact to the overall operations and/or project. Provides functional direction in a particular area of the operation or project.
Project planning and execution: participates in project management process, including participating in project meetings. May document issues, action items, user requirements, or deliverables from project meetings. Performs a variety of project related activities, including analysis or preparation of documentation and presentations. Plans and manages initiatives, proposals, or projects, including identifying project resource needs and roles. Accomplishes all work within established methodologies and standards.
- Business User/Owner Application Support: Provides 2nd and 3rd tier application support for assigned application(s). Monitors production batch and ad hoc jobs as required to ensure proper functioning and completion of business operations. Researches and resolves technical and functional issues according to defined prioritization/severity scheme. Influences client and gains commitment to changes required.
- Account Management: Manages relationships with assigned customers/internal clients. As a change agent works to drive culture change, client communications, and related work regarding system changes, implementations, and related business process impacts.
- Business and Process Improvement: Identifies opportunities for business or process improvement; makes associated recommendations and implements as appropriate.
- Minimum eight (8) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.