Project Management Jobs
Project management and Agile professionals like you are some of the most highly valued and highly sought after professionals. We should know, as we have many exciting project management jobs available with leading companies throughout the country.
Senior Back-end SW Engineer
Los Angeles, CA | Full time
Are you a seasoned Engineer who would like to join one of our top clients in Los Angeles? Then let’s talk!
The candidate we seek will collaborate with a premier team of Engineers working on the client’s flagship consumer web application. You will be part of a development team building the future of how their products are designed online. Our ideal candidate background encompasses a solid background in web related technologies including experience with software development methodologies.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop backend services that support consumer web applications
- Write well-structured, testable, and efficient code
- Collaborate with team and business owners to understand requirements
- Research and propose innovative solutions to complex problems
- Work with peers to continuously improve the development process
- Support and maintain existing applications
- Document code and technical designs
Please note: Our client is unable to offer work sponsorship for this role and all candidates must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good understanding of OO concepts, data modeling, design patterns, and design/development best practices
- 7+ years of experience:
- developing back-end components and/or REST services
- using Java and at least one popular framework like Spring or JEE
- using a RDBMS or a NoSQL database
- 3+ years of experience with Scrum or another agile process
- Experience with build tools, e.g. Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Ant
- Experience with code repositories, e.g. Git, SVN
- Experience with issue tracking software like JIRA or Bugzilla
Added Plus Skillsets:
- Experience with performance optimization
- Experience using AWS in a production environment
- Experience developing on Linux platform
- Ability to learn new technologies and skills based on the project requirements
- Passion for solving complex problems
- Strong communication skills and energetic self-starter
- Work effectively in a team environment