Project Management Jobs
Project management and Agile professionals like you are some of the most highly valued and highly sought after professionals. We should know, as we have many exciting project management jobs available with leading companies throughout the country.
Infrastructure Operations Manager
Pasadena, CA | Full time
Our client in beautiful Pasadena, CA is actively seeking an experienced Operations Manager, to join their team of talented professionals. As the Operations Manager you will spend your time concentrating on the implementation and operations of a cloud datacenter infrastructure, datacenter administration, servers, storage, middleware, non-application software, networks, and operations that support the applications and business processes as required. Operations Lead is a technical hands-on opportunity to work in a cloud for an enterprise company addressing critical marketplace innovation & pushing the envelope of a high volume infrastructure to scale horizontally to address security, reliability, performance, availability, and scalability of the infrastructure.
Key Job Functions
- Manage incident resolution within the environment, facilitating collaboration among other infrastructure and application support teams as required.
- Serve as an escalation point for third party support teams for major incidents, and escalate to the appropriate stakeholders as required.
- Managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and support of operating systems (Windows, Linux), devices, hardware, software, etc.
- Partner with and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization, and innovation and to ensure risks are understood and minimized.
- Act as a subject matter expert for troubleshooting and resolving complex, multi-tier problems that span a number of different components.
- Automate production operations processes.
- Automate continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Implement application performance monitoring to ensure platform uptime and performance
- Define, measure, and meet key operational metrics including performance, incidents and chronic problems, traffic, and conversion, etc.
- Ensure that change management projects manage risk to applications and technologies. Design project to minimize disruption and help maintain consistency in critical environments. Work with support teams to manage approvals for changes impacting production.
- Establish strategic direction for operating system platforms including technology reviews, analysis, and selection in order to ensure company has adequate infrastructure to provide suitable operating environment(s) for various applications.
- Develop architecture strategies to ensure that current products can continue to evolve into the next generation storage, to ensure cost-effective data protection solutions, and to ensure scalable solutions for enterprise-wide deployment.
- 7+ years’ experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems.
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Cloud computing experience operating large cloud based environments for production applications preferred, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or other large scale cloud deployment.
- Knowledge of Data Center networks, routing, switching, firewalls and site to site connectivity.
- Knowledge of File Transfer applications such as IBM Sterling Gateway, CA XML Gateway etc,
- Experience with 3 tier application architecture running Tomcat, Oracle.
- Experience with continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef.
- Mastery of at least one scripting language including Python, PERL, Ruby, Shell.
- ITIL based experience with Incident, Problem, Change and configuration management
No Sponsorship at this time